|Peso Rate||Weather||Philippines Time||Join Our Mailing List|
San Juan, situated in the central part of Metropolitan Manila, is one of the smallest of Metro Manila's nine municipalities. It is bounded in the north by Quezon City, in the west by Manila, and in the south and east by Mandaluyong. It has a land area of 5.94 square kilometers.
Generally, San Juan has a slightly rolling terrain. However, the western part near the San Juan River is low and frequently damaged by floods. The municipality is actually surrounded by a river and creeks: San Juan River in the west, Ermitano Creek in the north and east, and Maytunas Creek in the south.
How To Get There:
Buses, jeepneys, taxis, and tricycles bound for San Juan are available in many parts of Metro Manila.
Club Filipino (Greenhills)
An exclusive club with complete amenities. It also holds historical value because it was here that President Corazon C. Aquino was sworn in as president of the Philippines by the late Chief Justice Claudio Teehankee after the famous EDSA Revolution.
Pinaglabanan Monument (N. Domingo cor. Pinaglabanan Sts.)
This is a small monument showing a Filipina flanked by two Katipuneros, built in memory of those who fought and died in the Battle of Pinaglabanan.
Pinaglabanan Shrine (San Juan)
The shrine stands on the site of the first battle of the Revolution, which broke out on August 30, 1896.
San Juan Elementary School Compound (Along N. Domingo Street)
Records indicate that prior to the outbreak of the Spanish-Filipino War; there stood a Spanish ammunition Street dump known as "El Polvorin" at the site of the San Juan Elementary School. This was seized by the Filipino revolutionaries led by Andres Bonifacio, Emilio Jacinto and Sancho Valenzuela, signaling the start of the Philippine Revolution.
St. John The Baptist Parish Church (Pinaglabanan Street)
This was constructed after the Vice Royal Decree establishing the Parish of San Juan Bautista on June 15, 1894. The church has been expanded and renovated with the help of the local government.